Time: October 11, 2011 at 7pm to November 15, 2011 at 9pm
Location: Glebe Community Centre
Street: Third Ave (at Lyon)
Website or Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q…
Event Type: course
Organized By: Greg Macdougall
Latest Activity: Oct 5, 2011
This course is for:
* people who are actively working for social change and would like to explore, learn and reflect upon the different aspects of their work and how to do things better,
* also for those who are looking for a comprehensive introduction to the field.
It is now offered as an independent community-based course at a sliding scale cost.
The course will run from Oct 11 through November 15, on Tuesday evenings 7:00-9:00 pm (five sessions, Oct 25 is an off week). It will be held at the Glebe Community Centre (Third Ave at Lyon, in Ottawa).
This course is to help participants develop a strategic approach and understanding to dealing with various issues/situations in their communities and the larger world. We will explore the problems and opportunities that come up in groups working to bring about change.
Some of the questions that will be addressed:
* What issues are important to you, and why? How can you develop a deeper understanding around them?
* How can you best take action? How can you ensure that action is both rewarding and contributes to your personal growth, while still making a positive difference?
* What makes some groups more effective than others? Is a group's approach and perspective in alignment with your own? How can you best fit in a group's work?
* How do we keep a clear ‘larger-picture' vision in focus while working on the concrete ‘on-the-ground' steps towards that vision?
As featured on CBC: