This one day workshop will look deep into current
economic and cultural practices to see how we get
unknowingly trapped into resource-wasting behaviour, and will offer practical options for making personal changes.
Using building with salvaged materials as one aspect of a more earth-friendly lifestyle, the workshop will feature opportunities for personal revisioning and also the physical examination of a new building on site that was constructed using approximately 50% salvaged material.
• Why current economy doesn’t support reuse of materials.
• How to create a reuse focus in your own life.
• Lifestyle implications of a personal reuse philosophy.
• Limitations of building with salvaged materials.
• Example of a building made with ~50% salvaged materials.
• Personal visioning around achieving greater reuse
of materials in your own life.