Time: April 30, 2011 from 10:30am to 4:30pm
Location: PSAC building, 1st floor
Street: 233 Gilmour (corner of Metcalfe)
Website or Map: http://organizingforjustice.ca
Event Type: participatory, discussion, planning
Organized By: Organizing For Justice collective
Latest Activity: Apr 27, 2011
This Saturday, people are coming together to:
* Get to know each other
* Share our interests, experiences and actions/projects
* Talk about what we can do together, how to support each other
* Come up with practical steps, ideas and direction to build local movements
BE PART OF IT!
Organizing For Justice
Sat Apr 30, 10:30am-4:30pm
at PSAC, 233 Gilmour
Social, economic, and environmental justice,
and healthy communities
You don’t want to miss this!
~ ~ ~
We invite you to come for the full day
or whatever part(s) you can
Here’s the schedule
* includes lots of small group discussion, variety of activities, and times to come together as a whole group … plus breaks!
Morning (start at 10:30am)
* Getting to know each other on an individual basis
* Understanding why we’re here
* Considering the issues we’re dealing with
… both on a societal level, and in our groups/projects
* Intro to what we can do together
Lunch – provided (approx 12:45)
Afternoon (approx 1:45)
* In-depth small-group discussions on self-selected topics
* What ideas do we pursue? What plans can we take on?
* Wrap up, follow up plans, what’s next?
~ ~ ~
Some items that might be discussed:
* Creating ways to learn from each other
* Developing the skills and tools needed to organize
* Building activist infrastructure and networks
* Accessing resources
* Shared projects like: online event calendar, independent media, regular community events
* and more
It really depends on you. This event will be ‘self-directed’ in that it will be participants’ interests that guide the discussion(s)
We are hoping that this will help foster an ongoing process of collaboration and coming together…
But again, it really depends on you
Hope to see you there!
- Organizing For Justice collective www.OrganizingForJustice.ca
We regret to say that there will be no childcare provided.
For any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-656-5498.
To receive follow up notices and future announcements, please add yourself to the listserv: http://bit.ly/O4J-list