Transition Ottawa

Building Community Resilience Through Action

I've been talking with Stoneleigh of The Automatic Earth  about her doing a presentation in Wakefield, hopefully this month. I'm wondering if it could be presented by Transition Ottawa/Sierra Club Peak Oil Discussion Group. I'm willing to do the organizing but could use some help with publicity etc. Anyone interested?

Views: 92

Replies to This Discussion

Hey there DJ,

I live in Chelsea, and willing to help promote the event. Let me know what you need from me. Email me through the site. Great idea to have her speak in Wakefield - I would count on a good turnout.

Ron Rancourt
OK Ron, I'll email you. But just to mention here that I'm new to the group and am wondering whether the Sierra Club Group and/or Transition Ottawa could be involved offially in endorseing the event. Just having one or both organizations on a poster for instance could help bring folks out.

Ron Rancourt said:
Hey there DJ,

I live in Chelsea, and willing to help promote the event. Let me know what you need from me. Email me through the site. Great idea to have her speak in Wakefield - I would count on a good turnout.

Ron Rancourt
Ron, I tried contacting you through the site using the 'Friends - invite' link, which was all I could find. If you read this, we can continue this discussion here (see my last comment) or through our inboxes. Cheers. DJ.
DJ; I've been organizing the Peak Oil Discussion Group lately and we can certainly endorse another presentation by Stoneleigh. Looking forward to it and I can certainly send out the message to the Peak Oil Discussion Group email list. Many members did not get to attend the first time and would love to have this second chance.

Please let me know what I can do to help. Send me a message or email me directly via ron[at]firstgatedreamer[dot]com.
Hi,

So far Ron Rancourt, Ron St. Louis and Amber have expressed interest.

So, I think all that needs to happen is to organize a venue and some local free publicity and perhaps make a poster, once we have things nailed down. I can take care of the venue and other publicity but if someone else feels like doing a simple poster, that would be great. We could cover any expenses with the proceeds, or I will cover them. I'm thinking simple, B/W with Stoneleigh's creds and possibly an arresting quote.

Any other ideas?

DJ
I have access to the online video. If people are interesting in reviewing Nicole Foss's work contact me at kayaky@hotmail.com- more energy efficient than a trip to wakefield.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Corrie Rabbe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service