Our community garden has been approved for Brewer Park, in Old Ottawa South. Yipee! We plan to build the garden in late June (date TBD).
We would love donations of:
- rain barrels
- watering cans
- hoses, nozzles, watering wands
- gardening tools
- gardening gloves
- seeds, seedlings, plants
- mulch (must be organic mulch, safe for veggie gardens)
- 24" x 24" patio stones – we need lots of these!
- A push-reel mower (max. 20 inches wide)
We are also looking for loans of the following equipment, needed to build our composters and raised planters, and fill them with soil:
- hammers and other building tools
- chicken wire
If you have anything you’d like to contribute, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO email@example.com indicating:
- what you have
- whether you’re offering it for loan or donation
- whether you can drop it off (to a location in Old Ottawa South or Glebe) or if you’d need it picked up
Also, people living in, working in, or otherwise connected Old Ottawa South are invited to apply for a plot in the garden by June 11. The application form and instructions are posted at https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1wSijjxCph2NzVxWUZ1M2NmTlE.